The Project on the History of Black Writing is a research unit in the Department of English within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Project HBW has been in the forefront of research and inclusion efforts in higher education since its founding in 1983 at the University of Mississippi, Oxford. HBW is committed to:
- literary recovery work in black studies;
- innovative scholarship, book history and digital humanities;
- professional development and curriculum transformation;
- public literacy programming
The HBW website is a major forum for exchange of information among graduate students and scholars. As such, it is a robust network for professionals who are employed at various institutions and are often in different disciplines.
- HBW Report 2015-2017 (pdf)
- HBW Report 2012-2014 (pdf)
- HBW Report 2010-2012 (pdf)
- HBW Report 2004–2008 (pdf)
- HBW Report 2002–2003 (pdf)
- HBW Report 1998–2000 (pdf)
- Faces of Haiti (pdf)
- Langston Hughes National Report 2002–2003 (pdf)
Reports will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.